Micro-CAPP RTS Handshake Controller
Micro-CAPP RTS Communications and Protocol Processor. 128 Byte RTS-CTS Buffer Controller. DB9 Connectors, 12 Volt. Harmonized Tariff Code: 8471.50 Made In Canada
END OF LIFE - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW PROJECTS - CONTACT US FOR ALTERNATE SOLUTIONS
Micro-CAPP RTS RS-232 Buffer and Handshake ControllerThe Micro-CAPP® product family is a versatile micro-controller based product used for handling timing and buffering of serial ASYNC data. The Micro-CAPP RTS is a half duplex product with a connector layout that allows for simple insertion into a serial data cable. One connector is configured as a DCE and the other as a DTE and are industry standard DB-9 connectors. The platforms are flash based and very flexible so custom applications can often be easily accommodated.
The Micro-CAPP RTS is a highly accurate protocol independent RS-232 data buffer that adds RTS/CTS control to a serial data stream. This is a small low cost unit that can solve your wireless modem timing problems that can occur with windows SCADA host software drivers or with terminal servers. Outbound data to a wireless modem can be buffered to allow the addition of RTS/CTS handshake control. Inbound data is passed though untouched with absolutely no delay. Easy DIP switch configuration, no software required.
- Provides data buffering capabilities for ASYNC serial data over radio
- Adds RTS/CTS control to address timing issue over the air
- High accuracy timing and protocol independent
- Low cost, easy-to-integrate solution
- Unparalleled customer support and
- Customer specific solutions available
Typical Applications for the Micro-CAPP
- Add DOX control to a RTS/CTS controlled radio
- Interface between a terminal server serial port and a transparent wireless modem