1. Quick Start Guide cradlepoint.com Cradlepoint AER1600/AER1650 Quick Start Guide Part Number: 170672-000
3. cradlepoint.com 3 HARDWARE Reset Button Lock Slot Power Port Power Switch Ethernet LAN Ethernet WAN USB 2.0 Port LEDs (see pages 4-5) Modem When connecting the provided antennas, review the connection points. Modem antennas have protruding pins (SMA). Antennas Cable Retention Slot Removable Modem Slot Embedded Modem Embedded Modem SIM Cover Modem Antenna Connectors Modem Antenna Connectors
6. cradlepoint.com 6 BASIC SETUP 1. Insert an activated SIM into the modem(s). The Cradlepoint AER1600/AER1650 requires a SIM with an activated wireless broadband data plan. Contact your carrier for details about selecting a data plan and about the process for provisioning your SIM. Once you have an activated SIM: • For AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE only: Open embedded modem SIM cover on bottom of router and insert activated SIM into the slot marked SIM 1 (use the other slot, SIM 2, for a secondary/ backup SIM) . Close embedded modem SIM cover. NOTE: Router will not operate if embedded modem SIM cover is not fully closed. • For all models with removable MC400 modem: Remove MC400 cover from side of router and insert activated SIM(s) into removable MC400 modem (optional for AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE and AER1600/AER1650). Insert the SIM card into the slot marked SIM 1 (use the other slot, SIM 2, for a secondary/backup SIM). Insert the card with the notch-end first and the gold contacts facing down. Reinsert the removable MC400 modem, replace cover, and insert the included security screw if desired. NOTE: To remove modem, remove MC400 cover, attach included modem antennas (finger-tighten only), and pull modem straight out. 2. Attach included modem antennas. Antennas are finger-tighten only. Attach to connectors marked MAIN and AUX. 3. Connect to a power source. Attach the included adapter to the device and to a power source and loop cable through cable retention slot . Then turn the power switch on (I). 4. Connect to a computer or other network equipment. Connect via Ethernet or WiFi for local management.
7. cradlepoint.com 7 FIRST TIME SETUP WIZARD When you log in for the first time, you are automatically directed to the FIRST TIME SETUP WIZARD , which will help you customize your AER1600/AER1650. Change any of the following: • Administrator Password • Time Zone • WiFi Settings • Access Point Name (APN) • Modem Authentication • Failure Check NOTE: To return to the First Time Setup Wizard after your initial login, select SYSTEM > SETUP WIZARDS > FIRST TIME SETUP. RESET: To restore the AER1600/AER1650 to its factory default settings, press and hold the RESET button on the back of the device for ten seconds. Reset returns the login password to the DEFAULT PASSWORD and resets all configuration changes. ACCESSING THE ADMINISTRATION PAGES To make configuration changes to your router, open the AER1600/ AER1650’s GUI-based administration pages. 1. Connect via Ethernet or WiFi. 2. Open a browser window and type “cp/” or “192.168.0.1” in the address bar. Press enter/return. 3. When prompted for your password, type the eight character DEFAULT PASSWORD found on the product label.
8. cradlepoint.com 8 UPDATING FIRMWARE VIA ENTERPRISE CLOUD MANAGER 1. Log in at cradlepointecm.com using your Enterprise Cloud Manager credentials. 2. Navigate to the Groups page. 3. Select a group and click on the Firmware option in the top toolbar. In the dropdown menu that opens, select the desired firmware version. Wait for firmware to load. VIA THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATION PAGES 1. Log into the local administration pages (see page 7) . You may have changed the ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD. 2. Select SYSTEM > SYSTEM CONTROL > SYSTEM FIRMWARE. 3. If new firmware is available, select AUTOMATIC (Internet) . Wait for firmware to load. If you do not have an active Internet connection, you may need to use the MANUAL FIRMWARE UPLOAD option by downloading new firmware from the Customer Connect Portal to a local device. Upload to the router on the SYSTEM > SYSTEM CONTROL > SYSTEM FIRMWARE page. CLOUD MANAGEMENT Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed locations with Enterprise Cloud Manager (ECM), Cradlepoint’s network management and application platform. To learn more about how cloud-based management can help your organization improve productivity, reduce costs, and enhance network intelligence, visit cradlepoint.com . No static IP required for 00BM through ECM to a connected device.
4. cradlepoint.com 4 LEDS POWER The Cradlepoint AER1600/AER1650 must be powered using an approved 12 V DC power source . • Green = Powered ON. • No Light = Not receiving power. Check the power switch and the power source connection. • Flashing Amber = Attention. Open the administration pages (see page 7) and check the router status. ETHERNET WAN Indicates information about a data source connected to the Ethernet WAN port. • Blue = Connected to an active Ethernet WAN interface. WiFi BROADCAST (only on AER1600) These two LEDs indicate activity on the WiFi broadcast for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. • 2.4GHz (green) = 2.4 GHz WiFi is on and operating normally. • 5GHz (blue) = 5 GHz WiFi is on and operating normally. WAN VPN Indicates information about a VPN data source. • Green = Active VPN tunnel. VPN
5. cradlepoint.com 5 SIGNAL STRENGTH Blue LED bars indicate the active modem’s signal strength. • 4 Solid Bars = Strongest signal. • 1 Blinking Bar = Weakest signal. (A blinking bar indicates half of a bar.) REMOVABLE MC400 MODEM Indicates the status of removable MC400 modem. EXTERNAL USB MODEM Indicates the status of external USB modem. All modems have the following LED indicators: • Green = Modem has established an active connection. • Blinking Green = Modem is connecting. • Amber = Modem is not active. • Blinking Amber = Data connection error. No modem connection possible. • Blinking Red = Modem is in the process of resetting. E C LEDS ADDITIONAL LED INDICATIONS EMBEDDED MODEM Indicates the status of embedded modem (only on AER1600LPE/ AER1650LPE). • Several different LEDs flash when the factory reset button is detected. • Two of the modem LEDs blink red in unison for 10 seconds when there is an error during firmware upgrade.
2. cradlepoint.com 2 WHAT’S IN THE BOX Cradlepoint AER1600/ AER1650 Accessories • Replacement power adapters • External modem antennas and cabling Enterprise Support For enhanced services including enterprise-level support, extended warranties, and expert installation, check out Cradlepoint’s CradleCare suite of services. Visit cradlepoint.com to learn more. MC400 3G/4G Modem with Antennas* Modem Antennas ‡ The Cradlepoint AER1600/AER1650 is available with three different modem options: • AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE include an embedded modem and a slot to add an MC400 modem • AER1600LP3/AER1650LP3 include a bundled MC400 modem and do not include an embedded modem • AER1600/AER1650 only include a slot for an MC400 modem and do not include an embedded modem * - Included with AER1600LP3/AER1650LP3, optional for AER1600/AER1650 and AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE 1 ‡ - AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE only 1 A Cradlepoint 4G LTE modem is embedded in all AER1600LPE/AER1650LPE models. Add a removable MC400 modem for a complete “Cut-the-Wire” 4G LTE solution, fusing enterprise reliability with unparalleled agility. • AC Power Adapter • Ethernet Cable • Modem Door Screw • Mounting Hardware • Quick Start Guide Model Numbers AER1600 S4A542A AER1650 S4A547A AER1600LPE S4A543A AER1650LPE S4A548A AER1600LP3 S4A542A with MC400LP3 AER1650LP3 S4A547A with MC400LP3
- 9304 Total Views
- 6516 Website Views
- 2788 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 219 www.google.com
- 30 dcitech.odoo.com
- 579 www.dcitech.com
CradlePoint IBR650 Manual23149 Views .
Viper SC User Manual13468 Views .
CradlePoint MBR1400 Manual13173 Views .
EZwarePlus Programming Manual12946 Views .
airOS 7 User Manual12451 Views .
Cradlepoint AER1600 User Manual11074 Views .
Nano-10 User Manual10592 Views .
EZWare-5000 Programming Manual10383 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Tutorial - Getting Started10052 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Programmer Reference Manual9455 Views .
Fx1616 User Manual9209 Views .
Integra-TR Quickstart Guide8898 Views .
ASCII Character Table8809 Views .
EZwire1616 User Manual8644 Views .
FMD88-10 User Manual8405 Views .
Phantom II Manual8404 Views .
airOS 5 User Manual8029 Views .
Aprisa SR+ Migration Master Station Datasheet7999 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Help Manual7936 Views .
CradlePoint IBR650 Quickstart Guide7893 Views .