M-7000 Module Quickstart Guide
2. Utility locat ed on the Windows d e sktop. Double click this icon to launch the DCON Utility to set the module’ s config uration to fit with your application. Af ter double clicking the icon, the following screen will be shown: The tool bar s are used t o set the ser i al port p a rameters, search for connected modules, dat a logs, etc. All ICPDAS I/M-7000 modules supp orted by the current version of the DCON utility s o f t ware that are currently connected t o the RS-485 network will be li sted in this area. Figure 2-1 3. Before searching for the module, t he serial port p a rameters should be set by selecting the “COM por t” menu item. Af ter clicki ng the “COM port” item, the following dialog will be shown: M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 2/ 7
3. Select the COM port to b e used to search for modules. Return to the main screen. Only Baud Rates that are checked will be used when searchin g for modules. Change the time out value here. Default value is 300 ms. If both boxes are sele ct ed, it will se arch the modules by the DCON and Modb us R T U protocols. The option is only valid in DCON pr otocol. If bot h boxes are selected, it will search t h e modules checksum e nable and di sable. Figure 2-2 4. Click the button to search for al l the ICPDAS M-7000 modules connected to the RS-485 network. Once a module is found the relevant information will be sho w n in the list area, as shown in Figure 2-3: Figure 2-3 Click the button to stop searching, and then click the module name, shown as 7017 in Figure 2-3, to confi gure and test the m odule. The dialog shown in Figure 2-4 will then be opened. M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 3/ 7
4. *2 *1 *3 Figure 2-4 *1 Function test: The check boxes allo w you to enable or disable showing the channel returned value in the yellow field. *2 Basic c onfiguration: The protoc ol, module addres s, baud rate and other settings can be changed here. Please not e that when changing protocol, baud rate or checksum setting, the module must be in *init mode. *3 The M-7000 AIO modules support Modbus response delay time setting. It allows you to increase M-7000 response time for some Modbus master that cannot receive M-7000 faster response. 5. The default configuration for ICP D AS M-7000 module is as follows: P r o t o c o l M o d b u s R T U A d d r e s s 0 1 Baud Rate 9600 bp s If you have more than one M-7000 module and want to set their configuration for your application on the same RS -485 net work, then you can use the DCON utility to change the c onfiguratio n of each module in d i vidu ally. Please mak e sure that all modules ar e configured properly . Pl ease be noted that all modules’ address are set to 01 by def ault and two modules with the same address in an RS-485 network will cause net work conflict. All of the modules’ addresses must be set to dif f erent. M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 4/ 7
7. 00033 DI 0 Current DI value R 00034 DI 1 Current DI value R 00035 DI 2 Current DI value R 00036 DI 3 Current DI value R 0 0 0 3 7 ~ 0 0 0 6 4 R e s e r v e d For det ails of M-7000 DIO command functi ons, refer to the following document . ftp://ftp.icpd a s.com / pub/cd/8000cd/n a pdos/7000/m a nual/ m o dbusdio.pdf M-7000 RS-485 connection M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 7/ 7
1. M-7000 Module Quick S t art Guide This document describes the methods used to quickly set up and test the ICPDAS M-7000 serie s modules using the ICPDAS DCON Utility . Af ter confirming that the module is operati onal, more applications or sof t ware support can be found by referring to the following links: For Win32: f t p://f t p.icpdas.com/pub/cd/ 8000 cd/napdos/driver/dcon_utility/ For Linux: f t p://f t p.icpdas.com/pub/cd/ 8000cd/napdos/driver/dcon_linux/ SDK tool: Active X: f t p://f tp.icpdas.com/pub/cd/8000cd/napdos/driver/dcon_activex / DDE serve r : f t p://f tp.icpdas.com/pub/cd /8000cd/napdos/ driver/dcon_dde/ DLL: f t p://f t p.icpdas.com/pub/cd /8000cd/napdos/driver/dcon_dll/ Indusof t: f t p://f tp.icpdas.com/pub/cd/8000cd/napdos/driver/dcon_indusof t/ Labview: f t p://f tp.icpdas.com/pub/cd/8000cd/napdos/driver/dcon_labview/ Downloading the DCON utility The required inst allation file can be downloaded from: f t p://f t p.icpdas.com/pub/cd/8000 cd/napdos/driver/dcon_utility/setup/ The releas e history and supported m odule s of the DCO N utility can be obt ained from f t p://f t p.icpdas.com/pub/cd/ 8000 cd/napdos/driver/dcon_utility/ Setting up and testing the module 1. Before you inst alling th e DCON Utility , please make sure that your desktop/laptop has a RS-485 port. If not, you can inst all an i-7520, RS-232 to RS-485 converter , or i-7561, USB to RS-485 converter , to have a RS-485 port. Please refer to the following web site for more product information. http://www .icpdas.com/produc t s /Remote_IO/i -7000/i-7520.htm http://www .icpdas.com/produc t s /Remote_IO/i -7000/i-7561.htm 2. Af ter inst alling the DCON Utility , ther e will be a shortcut icon for the DCON M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 1/ 7
6. 0x0 F W r ite multiple coils 0x10 W r ite multiple registers Ex: T o read the current DI value of channels 0 to 7, the following command should be s ent: 01 02 00 00 00 07 39 C8 Ex: T o writ e the DO value 0xFF from channels 0 to 8, the following command should be s ent: 01 0F 00 00 00 07 01 FF 39 C8 Ex: T o only set the DO value of c hannel 2 to 1, the following command should be sent: 01 05 00 02 FF 00 2D FA M-7000 module DI/O mapping t a ble 32 address e s are reserved for reading the DI values and writing the DO values. The mapping t able is as follows: Address 0xxxx Channel Item Attribute 00001~00032 DO 0 ~ DO 31 Current DO value R 00033~00064 DI 0 ~ DI 31 C u r r e n t D I v a l u e R 00065~00096 0~31 DIO Latch high value R 00097~00128 0~31 DIO Latch l o w value R The ef fective bit values depend on the m odule, and the extra bit values will be filled with 0. For example: M-7060 i s a 4-channel rela y output and 4-channel digit a l input module. The mapping t able is as follows: A d d r e s s C h a n n e l I t e m A t t r i b u t e 00001 DO 0 Current DO value R / W 00002 DO 1 Current DO value R / W 00003 DO 2 Current DO value R / W 00004 DO 3 Current DO value R / W 0 0 0 0 5 ~ 0 0 0 3 2 R e s e r v e d M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 6/ 7
5. How do I set the configuration of a module in my program or application? The format of configuration command for M-7000 module is as follows: Field n F i e l d o F i e l d p F i e l d q ~ Field *n Field ( q +*n) Module Address F unction c ode Sub f unction Configuration field CRC16 *n: This value depends on the Sub-functi on code. Please refer to the M-7000 user ’ s manual for more det ails. Ex: T o change the address of the m odule which address is 01 to 02, the following c o mmand should be s ent: 01 46 04 02 63 0C n r CRC16 o p q Ex: T o change the baud rate of the modul e which address is 01 to 1 1 5200bp s, the following command should be sent: 01 46 06 00 0A 00 00 00 01 00 00 63 0C q * n o p r CRC16 *Baud Rate code: Please refer to the following t able for det ails: Value 03 04 0 5 06 07 08 09 0A Baud Rate 1 2 0 0 2 4 0 0 4 8 0 0 9 6 0 0 1 9 2 0 0 38400 5 7 6 0 0 1 1 5 2 0 0 Note: The new Baud Rate will become ef fe ctive af ter the module is rest arted. The dat a bit s are fixed at one st art bi t, eight dat a bit s , no p a rity and one stop bit for the M-7000 series. The st andard Modbus R T U command func tions supported by M-7000 are as follows: Function c ode Description 0 x 0 1 R e a d coils 0x02 Read discr ete input s 0x03 Read multiple registers 0x04 Read multiple input registers 0x05 W r ite single coils M-70 00 Mod u le Qui ck S t a r t Guide V1.1 , May 25, 2006 -- 5/ 7
- 2524 Total Views
- 1885 Website Views
- 639 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 9 dcitech.odoo.com
- 37 www.dcitech.com
CradlePoint IBR650 Manual11276 Views .
airOS 7 User Manual8430 Views .
Viper SC User Manual8371 Views .
CradlePoint MBR1400 Manual7652 Views .
EZwarePlus Programming Manual7463 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Tutorial - Getting Started6588 Views .
Cradlepoint AER1600 User Manual6344 Views .
Integra-TR Quickstart Guide6322 Views .
Nano-10 User Manual6219 Views .
Cradlepoint AER1600 Quick Start Guide5830 Views .
ASCII Character Table5784 Views .
EZWare-5000 Programming Manual5608 Views .
Aprisa SR+ Datasheet5447 Views .
Sure Call Fusion5 User Guide5405 Views .
Phantom II Manual5253 Views .
Fx1616 User Manual5248 Views .
Aprisa SR+ Migration Master Station Datasheet5224 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Programmer Reference Manual5139 Views .
EZwire1616 User Manual4916 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Help Manual4734 Views .